A Day In the Life: Year 12 Ball | Prom 2015 Series Finale

05:42

In my previous prom series post, I mentioned that there would be one final installment in the series which is finally coming together now. I originally wanted to do a day in the life vlog style video but the hours just slipped away from me and by the time I started on hair and make up, I was completely flustered and a little bit stressed to say the least. None the less, I did get a lot of photos throughout the day which I thought I could share now!
Just a little warning beforehand, this is a very long post full of lots and lots of photos, so get cozy and make sure you have a little snack at hand, or a big snack, whichever you prefer (big snack).

The day started quite early, partly because of excitement and partly because I had to catch a bus to the nail salon to meet some of my friends to get our nails all done for the special occasion.





By the time this was all done and I was home, it was around 1 o'clock in the afternoon.












After I finished getting ready, it was time to quickly try to squeeze in some photos with my dad, sister and Bodhi before my friend arrived at my house for MORE PHOTOS.












For privacy reasons, I'll just include some photos of my friend and I that don't show her face too much, hope you all understand! But oh my goodness doesn't she look incredible?!




We were quite rushed so we were just taking photos as fast as we possibly could within like a 15 minute time limit, after that we headed over to pre's which was where we got picked up by the limo! From pre's we were taken to Kings Park for around 20 minutes to quickly get more photos, SO MANY PHOTOS GUYS.








Aaaaaand then we left to finally go to hotel where our ball was hosted, it was an absolutely beautiful venue and the ball committee at my school did such a great job with the decorations - everything was just perfect! Unfortunately the rest of the photos I got from the night include people's faces in them very clearly so I won't add them into the post, but I suppose this has been a long ass post anyway so it's probably a good thing that it's being cut a bit shorter. 
Basically, we got to the hotel at around 7pm and the ball ended at 11pm, it was the weirdest feeling when they played the final song and people started moving out of the ballroom to catch the elevators downstairs, I don't quite know how to explain it but it was definitely a bittersweet moment. 
After the ball, my group headed back to where we had pre's to get changed into our afters outfits and the limo took us to the after party.

All in all, the ball was magical. It's a weird thing for me to be saying especially since the planning component of the ball had made me completely dread the event because of all the stress, but everything just came together so nicely and it was really such a good night. Seeing all the ladies who look glorious everyday at school anyway rock up in their breathtakingly beautiful dresses and all the boys looking very smart in their suits, getting that gush of excitement when you stepped into the elevator that took you up to the level where the ballroom was, and that even bigger gush of excitement when you got to enter the ballroom. 

Oh man, it was all really just perfect. 

Jess
xxx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Aww, you look so gorgeous Jess :) Sounds like you had an amazing time. Love the photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sweetie! i really did have an amazing time :) glad you enjoyed the photos xxx

      Delete
  2. JESS YOU LOOKED SO GORGEOUS! ♥
    I am absolutely in love with your dress! It's unique and it really suits you with your slim figure :D
    xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Charmaine, you looked incredible at your ball! Ah you are just so kind - oh and I adore your blog by the way! Can't believe how long it's been since our primary school days hahah! xx

      Delete

Subscribe