O-Orange! | Acupofjessicatedcoconut

10:01





Orange has been a standout colour for me this summer and I gathered together some of my favourite orange staple items to share on here. Whether its a bright orange lip to tie an otherwise simple makeup look together, or a bright pair of shoes to brighten up an all white outfit - orange was my go to colour all summer.

- My favourite orange-y lip has been the L'oreal Colour Riche lipstick in the shade 'Doutzen's Red'. It is a super vibrant, red lipstick with quite a strong orange undertone to it which I always prefer because cool toned reds don't really suit my skin tone. This lipstick goes on supppper smoothly and with a good lipliner, it stays on all day and it dries to a comfortable matte finish that doesn't end up making my lips feel like chalk after a few hours of wear. 

- These shoes from Mox Shoes are ridiculously comfortable - like seriously comofortable. I got mine in the super vibrant orange colour as I'd seen a few pictures floating around pinterest of people rocking an all white outfit with a bright orange shoe and it looked super put together and I loved it. I love pairing this with one of my white vintage denim dresses for a simple look for everyday wear.

- I got these snazzy little sunglasses from work at the $5 Cheep Store because I wanted to try out clear framed sunnies and I loveeeed the reflective orange/pink/yellow lenses. These glasses are super dark so I love bringing these to the beach with me because my eyes stay happy but they can be too dark just for everyday wear - I can't text or go on my phone when I wear these because they are seriously dark frames. Also the reflective lenses are great for people watching on public transport because no one can tell you're looking at them ha ha. 

- As for scent - when Beyonce comes out with a perfume, you already know it's gonna be great. Beyonce Heat Rush is my go to everyday perfume (when I'm not showering myself in Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction) - I'm rubbish at describing scents but the internet states that it's opening notes are of "passionfruit sorbet, blood orange and brazillian cherry" while "it's heart blooms with yellow tiger orchid, mango blosson and orange hibiscus". It's just great and suuuuper affordable too.

- The journal has nothing to do with fashion or beauty but I got it from Target for only $4 as part of the Molly&Mimi range that is super impressive right now. I started writing in a journal again at the start of the year because I wasn't feeling great, and I find that writing things down helps me to calm down and gather my thoughts before doing anything silly or just completely losing it in a fit of panic. Plus, the journal itself is beautiful.

What has your go-to colour been this season? 

xxx
Jess

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe